Consultation Services Offered:
· Coordination the development of programs that enhance diversity and inclusion within organizations, agencies and the community.
· Outreach services and training seminars that enhance the multicultural competency of mental health providers.
· Serve on committees relating to cultural diversity and inclusion.
· Conduct research projects that pursue questions of applied value of diversity and inclusion in mental health.
· Provide programs for enhancing awareness and appreciation of diversity and inclusion in the community.
· Serve as a consultant to individuals, organizations, and mental health providers that promote/support issues or race, ethnicity, gender, sexual
orientation, spiritual orientation, etc.
· Monitor policies, practices, and procedures for their
unique impact on underrepresented groups, provide consultation to the
administration of disparate impacts, and recommend changes where
· Provide training to post-doctoral, pre-doctoral and masters level mental health providers in the area of multicultural psychology.
Presentations provided (others are developed upon request after a needs assessment is conducted):
Multicultural Competencies in Counseling Centers
Community-In-Reach Project (C.I.P.): An
Experiential Social Justice Training Model for Predoctoral Psychology Interns,
Stress and Anxiety Management Workshops
Understanding Cultural Privilege through a
Cross-Cultural Conflict Simulation
Diverse Identities in Recovery
Myths and Realities of Counseling for Queer
Community, Safe Zone 2.0 Training,
Understanding Group Process
Parent Adjustment Issues when Your Student
Leaves for College
· Helping Skills Training
Cultural Diversity: Classism & Therapeutic
Intervention with Latino/a Clients/Patients
Conflict Mediation Training
Stress Management for Athletes
Living My Life Like its Golden: Counseling clients of African Descent
Time management/values clarification
· Campus Connect: Suicide Prevention Training for
· Race, Religion, &
· Being Black Enough: Demographics and
Issues Facing Black College Students
· Staying Centered: Inner Peace and Stress
· Counseling Issues of Men of African
· On Being Black Enough...
· Careers in Psychology
· Stress/Anxiety Management
· Time Management for Athletes
· Strengthening the Black Man
· BARNGA: A simulation in cross cultural
· Let’s Talk: Getting Out of the
Counseling Center to Serve Hard-to-Reach Clients
· Preparing for College
Tips for diversity and inclusion in Public Health”
· Multicultural competency training”,
Berrien County Health Department, Benton Harbor, MI, May 31, 2002
Defense and Psychology Workshops,
· Becoming Men of Conscience